Dangerous Goods Regulations Programme
This course will equip participants with the following skills and knowledge:
- Awareness of the legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling and documentation pertaining to the transport of dangerous goods.
- Skills on appropriate safety precautions in accepting, handling and processing shipments of dangerous goods.
The course is designed for:
- Shippers and cargo agents.
- Load planner/flight crew.
- Flight engineers.
- Loaders/baggage handlers
- Flight attendants/PAX Handlers.
- Screening Staff.
- General Philosophy
- General Goods and Unusual Shipments
- Dangerous Goods Limitation
- Radioactive Materials and Transport Index
- List of Dangerous Goods
- Labeling and Marking
- Unit Load Devices
- Precautionary Measures
- Inspection of Damaged Packages
- Handling of Damaged Packages
- Pilots Notification
- Provisions for PAX and Crew
- Emergency Procedures